Gateway Payment Service Pvt. Ltd. knows that you care how information about you is used, processed and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This notice describes GPS's privacy practices in connection with PaymentNepal services ("PaymentNepal") provided through any website or mobile apps through which GPS offers PaymentNepal, including www.paymentnepal.com and other third party sites and apps (collectively termed 'Site'). By using PaymentNepal, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice and you agree that GPS may collect, process and use the personal information listed below for the mentioned purposes.
Controller of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by GPS under this Privacy Notice will be stored and controlled by Amazon (the data controller/ data fiduciary).
What Personal Information About Customers Does Amazon Gather?
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you for PaymentNepal verify your identity to permit you to use PaymentNepal, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments) in connection with PaymentNepal, communicate with you about PaymentNepal, any promotional offers, services or updates associated with PaymentNepal, and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to customize your experience and improve PaymentNepal, or to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of PaymentNepal that are made available to you and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, payment processing or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide while using PaymentNepal, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use PaymentNepal. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, providing PaymentNepal, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Services. When you interact with a third-party site that uses one of the PaymentNepal services, such as Pay with PaymentNepal, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Our Communications with Users: Among other things, we communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail, and we communicate by phone to resolve user complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We also use your e-mail address to send you notices in relation to your use of PaymentNepal, to send information about important changes to PaymentNepal, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. You agree to receive such communications electronically. We may send you promotional messages about new services, offers or opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive promotional messages or other reminders and e-mails from us, please adjust your communication preferences" under Your Account settings on paymentnepal.com. However, we reserve the right to send you notices for customer service reasons, including notices about your account or transactions using PaymentNepal. Also, to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open or receive e-mail from us. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers/participants.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. By using or continuing to use PaymentNepal, you agree to our use of your information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by us in our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring and sharing information (including sensitive personal information) related to you with third parties or service providers for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
- We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for GPS to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser so we can recognize you as a PaymentNepal user if you return to use PaymentNepal using the same computer and browser and to provide features such as Recommended for You, or personalized advertisements on other websites.
- The "Help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, you then may lose the ability to utilize some of the PaymentNepal features, and we recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Gateway Payment Service Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with the family of companies owned and controlled by paymentnepal.com and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as third party merchants, these businesses sell offerings to you through PaymentNepal. In other cases, we provide services jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. Information may be shared with such businesses on a need to know basis and to provide you the PaymentNepal services. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Disclosure to Other Users: Depending on which payment service you use; you may need to disclose your or your recipients’ phone number or e-mail address with us or to other users so they can send payments to you or receive payments from you. When you send payments, your name, and/or phone number, e-mail address may be disclosed to the intended recipient. Once a transaction is complete, this information will be displayed in the transaction list of the user receiving payment.
- Purchases: We do not disclose your financial information (such as credit card information) to any merchant or other recipient of payments you make without your prior consent. When you make a purchase, we may make certain other personal information about you available to the recipient to complete the transaction (such as name, mobile number, e-mail and shipping address), in the event of a dispute regarding the transaction, or as part of a fraud investigation. The use of information that we provide to a recipient will be governed by the agreements or policies of that recipient and participant.
- Third-party Service Providers: We employ financial institutions, other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and transactions that you request or authorize. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payment transactions, verifying identity, fraud screening and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your customer communication preferences under your account settings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, user (or other customer) information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). Also, in the event that GPS or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of GPS and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements or policies; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organizations and government or regulatory authorities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction as well as sharing information with our attorneys, auditors and other representatives. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements". We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or Services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit/debit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit/debit card number to the appropriate credit card company for payment processing.
- It is important for you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account. You should keep confidential your password, security questions, and any other credentials used to access your account (your "Credentials"). The security of your account with PaymentNepal relies on your protection of your Credentials. DO NOT SHARE YOUR CREDENTIALS. If you do share your Credentials with a third party for any reason, the third party may have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your Credentials. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your Credentials, please change them immediately by logging into your account and changing your Profile settings, and also contact us right away.
What About Third-party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
PaymentNepal gives you access to information about your account, your use of PaymentNepal and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Information about you may be accessed by logging into your account with PaymentNepal and viewing the "Log In" tab.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain PaymentNepal services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Information You Can Access" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail or messages from us, please adjust your communication preferences in Your account. You may not opt-out of receiving customer service messages related to your account or transactions or other legal notices from us.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, you then may lose the ability to utilize some of our service features, and we recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
Are Children Allowed to Use PaymentNepal?
Use of PaymentNepal is available only to persons and businesses who can form a legally binding contract under the Nepalese Contract Act, 2056B.S>
User Agreement, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit the Site or use PaymentNepal, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice, the applicable end user agreement and any PaymentNepal service terms, if applicable, including limitations on damages and application of the law of Nepal.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail you with periodic reminders of our notices and conditions. You should check our Site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice also applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
We will collect and retain your personal information only for the purpose of providing you with PaymentNepal services, and GPS and will retain this information only till such period as prescribed under applicable law.
If you have any concern about privacy at PaymentNepal, please contact us with a thorough description at the below contact details, and we will try to resolve it.
Address: Gateway Payment Service Private Limited,
Yarahitti, Babu-Chhirii Marg, Banasthali-16, Kathmandu 44660
Tel: +977-01-4880428, 01-4880628
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you open an account, use PaymentNepal, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: register for PaymentNepal Balance: Money, verify your identity before Amazon permits you to use PaymentNepal Balance: Money, load or reload money into PaymentNepal Balance: Money, transact using PaymentNepal Balance: Money; provide information in Your account or your 'Your Profile'; communicate with us by phone or otherwise; and employ other personal notification services. To make certain payments through us, you must provide credit card or bank account information. We also may ask you to choose security questions to answer before we process transactions, issue you a new password or provide you with customer service. When you use some of the PaymentNepal services to send money to someone else or request money from someone else, we may ask you to provide information related to each transaction, including the amount of the transaction, the type of transaction (purchase of goods, purchase of services, or simple money transfer) and the phone number or e-mail address of the third party. We also collect information that may be necessary for us to verify your identity and comply with the applicable law. We may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity. We may also require additional information if you send or receive certain high-value transactions or high aggregate payment volumes through PaymentNepal. We may sometimes offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users to collect information for analytical purposes, such as demographic information. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
Information from Other Sources
We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Information. For example, information we receive from other sources include: account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Overture); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers; in order to protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third party services the information you provide. During the verification process we receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. For example, if you register a credit card or debit card with us, we will use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen. In addition, we, at our sole discretion and subject to applicable law, reserve the right periodically to retrieve and review a credit report or other credit history information from credit bureaus for any account.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at our site include up-to-date information regarding recent transactions; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information, available PaymentNepal balance and bank account information); e-mail notification settings; recommendations and your profile.
- Accuracy of website registration information: All information you provide at the time of PaymentNepal participant registration must be truthful, including the website's title, description, category, and all other requested information. If any change occurs in your PaymentNepal participant registration information, you must promptly update the information through the PaymentNepal website. Failure to comply will result in the removal of any mention of your website from the PaymentNepal and may result in permanent ineligibility from registering a website with PaymentNepal. Provision of deceptive information may result in the locking or closing of your PaymentNepal registration and account. You grant PaymentNepal the right to access your site through manual observation or automated "spidering" or other automated search techniques in order to confirm the accuracy of your registration information. PaymentNepal is under no obligation to monitor the accuracy of your site.
- Nepali Users: Nepali Users who meet the following conditions are eligible to register a website in PaymentNepal Business.
- The user is a Valid Premier or business.
- The user maintains a registered authentic business and website.
- Non Nepali User: User or business outside of Nepal cannot register into the PaymentNe3pal.
- Fees: Placement in PaymentNepal has some charges which will be discussed with you during integration and applied according to the negotiations done.